Monday, August 15, 2011

Peanut is One Month Old!



I can't believe my eyes...this kid is ALREADY one month old! It's so hard to believe that it has been a month since I gave birth to him---but let me tell you, it has been one exhausting but REWARDING month!

We have been getting used to being new parents, it is definitely an adventure! It's hard to figure out which cries mean what and hard to take care of another human being 24/7 but we are slowly getting used to it! This month we had a few doctors appointments, mostly for Peanut, but it's been alright! In the beginning, Peanut lost a pound from his birth weight so that had to be monitored. Turns out that he wasn't getting enough to eat, so once I started supplementing with formula, he has been a happy, growing camper! :) He's grown from 7lbs 12oz (birth weight) all the way to 8lbs 15oz this month...so he seems to be packing on the weight like he should be!!

About 3 days ago, he started smiling. That was probably the most magical thing I have seen...Just to look into your own child's eyes and have them smile at you is the BEST feeling in the whole world. I now know what it feels like to love someone so much that you haven't even known for very long---the love for your child is like no other!

Lets see...Kyle has been working his butt off to provide (he's amazing!) while I work on the website that I have started up. I just got a new product that I hope to promote really well called Wubbanubs...they are awesome, if you get the chance you should check out the site (www.footprintsinyourheart.com) it's been slow to start up, but it is finally starting to get a good amount of traffic which is very good! :)

I start school next week, and let me tell you...I am soooo excited! I am sooo ready for some brain exercising! lol! I am taking Biology---so that should be hard enough! lol. I am excited for it though, I am ready to start learning again.

If you haven't already noticed...I updated the background to the blog...I definitely needed to update Peanut's picture, especially considering he isn't a 16 week old fetus anymore! lol (the old ultrasound picture hehe)

Well, I am going to go---dinner is calling my name and my daily headache is coming on! I will write more soon, as I find the time to get away from it all for a few seconds :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment