Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Well Well Well!!

Haven't I been a fail! Wow...I had no idea that it has almost been 7 months since I have written a blog post! That is just unacceptable! I really wanted to update this thing as much as possible, but being a mommy has been a whirlwind!!! No more excuses though! 

I think I will update more often (I am making a pledge to myself to do so) because now I have more things to write about! Peanut is becoming less of a blob (lol...let's face it, newborns are blobs :) ) and more like a little person! His personality is the best thing ever, I couldn't have asked for a better baby! It is my goal to do a blog post once a week from here on out! Lets just add it to my list of a million things to do, why don't we? haha!

Well, let me start out by saying that I have really enjoyed being a mom so far. It is the coolest thing to watch my little man grow every single day! I have kept up with the month pictures...so here he is, from 2 months (since you saw him at 1 month last!) to 7 months (I can't believe my little man is already 7 months, and in just 8 short days he will be 8 months old! WOW!)









He's getting so big!!! I just can't believe it still! haha. He is currently (as of a week ago actually) 19 pounds 8 ounces and 26 inches long. 

So...what have we been doing for the past...I don't know...6 months ish? haha. Well, I guess the biggest thing in our lives is that we finally got a place of our own. Its really nice to have our own home and I never thought I would say this, but it's nice to be able to pay our own bills. Makes me feel like a real adult! LOL! So that has been neat. It is a small 2 story house, and it feels very homey. We love it!

I am still continuing to go to school, it has been hard but I have been loving it. I do my homework every night after Peanut goes to bed, because usually Kyle is still at work. Its nice to be able to continue to further my education! 

What else? hmm...I have found an awesome play group for Peanut and I to socialize with other moms and kids! We LOVE it, we have made some really great friends in the group! It has been awesome being able to do fun activities together and just spend time with other people going through the same thing. We really enjoy it! 

Peanut has started solid food...it's a work in progress but he is enjoying learning how to eat. His current favorites are yogurt, sweet potatoes, and avocados. This week, we are going to start peas! They were my favorite as a baby (and still are! :) ) I make my own baby food, and that has been a learning experience for me! Its fun to do though because I like knowing that he is getting the healthiest ingredients! I also have realized that I actually enjoy learning how to cook! who knew? 


We have also made two disney trips since we have talked last, one when Peanut was just 3 months old, and one we just got back from...he turned 7 months on this past trip. Here are a few pictures!
1st trip:



The most recent trip:





So we have been having fun! :) 

Like I said before, it is now my goal to post once a week, so lets see if I can live up to it. I am ready for a challenge!




2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back, Amanda! Peanut is so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, makes me want to do a blog of life with my little one. (Though I doubt that will ever happen.)

    ReplyDelete