Friday, March 11, 2011

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

This quote I found earlier today and I'm definitely beginning to realize it now more than ever. My love has been away from me the last few weekends (at a trade show in Central Texas and this weekend for a wedding in PA) and I've been here at the house by myself. I find myself reverting back to old ways: working it all off to try and forget about things for awhile. While that does in fact, bring home some bacon, it's not really the best solution from a physical standpoint...I left last night super tired and nearly passed out on my bed, so I definitely am learning this the hard way.

Got more work this week and I definitely hope I can bring in the gold for my wife and for my son to be. Although I do miss my wife, I do enjoy letting her have her space and me having mine, as well. We have talked and said that independence in a marriage/relationship is definitely something both people need at times as opposed to smothering or something like that. I just can't wait for her to get home and so we can both just continue being happy together.

Life is great right now, like I said in my previous post, no drama, no crap, just downright relaxed and avoiding the drama back home. The only thing that bothers me about the whole thing is that this world is filled with more judgmental people than I thought. Honestly, the point of me doing what I did was for my son, my wife, and me. It's not in his best interest to grow up around people who didn't want anything to do with him, let alone not even want him to be born or exist in our lives. Plus, I basically brought to people's attention my side of the story and honestly, anyone who wasn't present has no right to judge either one of us based on one thing we did in our lives. All I did was call people out for doing what they did and where I stand in the whole matter is this: I said my piece and I'm fine. I'm not asking/wanting sympathy for either one of us, I'm just asking people to be happy for us because we really are so happy together.









1 comment:

  1. Kyle, I know you don't know me very well yet (well, basically, you only know me by association), but I just wanted to say you're doing the right thing, by doing right by your child and your partner. BTW, did you notice you referred to her as your "wife" already in this post? :)

    ReplyDelete